Thursday, July 24, 2008

Celebs

So I had two celebrity sightings this week. My friend told me to list all the people I've seen around New York, so here's the list.

Starting from yesterday, I went to go get my haircut at Frederic Fekkai on 5th avenue, right next to work and I look up and Martha Stewart walks in sits diagonal infront of me and so the entire time I'm staring at her. (the humidity got to her hair-frizzy) She didnt look nice!



I went to go pick up my laundry by my house & outside of Jacque Torres Cynthia Nixon was on her cellphone & her "partner" was there too with I guess there child. Made eye contact with her and had this stupid smile on my face and she kept on talking on her cellphone.


I went to Urban Outfitters after work one day by my apt and when I walked in, these two girls were talking about Bruce Willis and there he was on one of the couches waiting for his hot model girlfriend to try on the clothes and model for him. So I pretended to shop some more and stared at him.


Jessica Biel & Jessica Alba I walked past them on 5th avenue after work one day, not together or the same day.

Went to duane reade during work to pick up some stuff and in line next to me was Robin Givens and her two adorable kids.



Dr. Ruth was walking past our building at work one day

There was crazy amount of papprazzi outside of a hotel so I was waiting around to see who it was. Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony were inside and they were waiting to come out and you could see they were playing patty cake, the clapping game. This is before she got preggers.



I was in the lower east side when my brother was visiting last summer and we were going to a bar and Neil Patrick Harris was sitting at this outdoor restaurant with alot of guys "friends" :)I was like Arash, its Doogie Howser...its Doogie!!! lol


I went to Tao one night with one of my old coworkers from Cali and Plaxico Burgess from the New York Giants came in and sat right next to us with his wife and baby and ate. He was more engaged in our drunken conversation than his own.

The CEO of our company is on the board of directors at Robin Hood. Its this charity that helps poverty in New York City, its a great program, they get celebrities involved and every year they have a couple huge events in the city. Last year I got to go to this event, I some how managed to get two tickets thru work, its this formal event, and top wall street people are there to donate money and its a auction and before they have open bar/meet and greet and then a concert afterwards. I think there were about 1000 people there.

So me and my friend are walking around and I saw Jay-Z, I had the nerve to walk up to him and introduce myself. Martha Stewart again. Sharon stone was at the table next to us. I purposely walked behind Cathrine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas and over heard there converstation with there financial guy talking about where they are investing there money in.



At the end of the benefit Aerosmith performed and nobody stuck around so it was about 50-100 people by the stage and him performing. I took some pics. The lady in one of the last pics won the auction to be able to go up and sing with him on stage, she paid like 50,000 for it. The other one that shocked me was someone paid 100k for her or him and a friend to fly to England and take a private yoga lesson with Madonna and Gweneth Paltrow. Craaazy! That was how the prizes were, it was just dinky stuff.









1 comment:

Amber said...

I am oh sooo impressed with all of the celeb sightings. I am very jealous and think that I need to go and visit you in NY.