Friday, June 27, 2008

Crumb cake!

I made this the other day for the first time and it was absolutely amazing. I shouldnt be eating this but it was so good and then I gave it all away because I couldnt have it sit in my house.
If anyone tries the recipe let me know how it turned out.

INGREDIENTS

Cake
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

TOPPING
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups biscuit mix
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS

Cream butter and sugar.
Beat eggs and milk; mix with butter.
In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder, then add to butter mixture.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
For crumb topping: Cut butter into sugar, biscuit mix, and cinnamon.
Sprinkle over batter in pan.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until done.
Top with the 1/4 - 1/2 C powdered sugar when cool.









No comments: